Who wants to explore the universe of LOOM-flowers with me?

I have seen this flowers, made with something called a loom-plate, in several craft books from the 70′s. It looks fantastic an I want to try it out. I’m wondering if enyone else want to discover the loom-flower-technique with me? If you want to join in or if you already are working with this technique, I would love to hear from you. Drop me an email or comment here and we can start exploring this together.
I would love to get some tips on where to find out more about these flowers.
loom_filt_Ring_New
Image source: Virka nr 12, Model by: Carin Rehn, ISBN 91-552-0938-6 SEMIC förlags AB (Swedish crochet magazine form the 70′s)

Couldn’t find any loom-plates that had movable pegs so I’m going to start experimenting with this knitting-loom. I will post my trial & errors here in my blog. I’m very curious about yours too. :-)

Tags:

11 Responses to “Who wants to explore the universe of LOOM-flowers with me?”

1. SisterDG Says:
    januari 15th, 2008 at 14:56

Hi – Cathy of California has loom kits – http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=35475.

I love that afghan in your post! I just got a few looms, and have been itching to break into them. Hadn’t thought about an afghan. Hmmmmm . . . .

2. lindamade Says:
    januari 15th, 2008 at 17:09

I was going to suggest Cathy too. I know I have a loom somewhere but seem to have lost it– making those flowers is easy and addictive! Plaid has a product called the Doodle Loom that has different shaped looms (squares and circles) in case you want to make something like that blanket.

3. Janet McKinney Says:
    januari 15th, 2008 at 19:56

I remember making loom flowers in the 70s. That doesn’t make me an expert – just old!! They are fun

Janet McKinney

4. Ming Ching Says:
    januari 16th, 2008 at 8:51

Goodness gracious!!!
    Who ever thought this would surface again! I DO have a loom – a green one, from the 70ies. My sister and I used to make them.

Looking forward to reading more about your progress! And would love to get my hands on that book from Cathy – 1000 flowers, WOW!

5. Inger C Says:
    januari 16th, 2008 at 21:52

Thanks everyone for your great tips. Went over to Cathy of California yesterday and WOW!! took me all night to go through all her funny images of 60′s & 70′s craft extravaganza :-D
    I agree – the loom flowers is really addictive and fun. But what should you make with all the flowers? My mind is on it – probably I will try an afgan or a pillow but I want to come up with something else – usfull… Hmmmmmmm

6. suzanne Says:
    januari 20th, 2008 at 2:05

Wow…this takes me back in time. I remember when infomercials would air on TV about this when I was little. I wanted so bad to have this!!!! It looked (and continues to look) like so much fun!

Please keep us posted on what you learn and do!

7. gloria Says:
    januari 29th, 2008 at 0:51

Here is a website that you can buy a flower loom from. I know there is a flower loom called a Bloom Loom but I dont care for the yarn slits to hold cut yarn. Just remember to tuck in all cut yarns. Im making flowers now with a loom I bought back in the seventies. Now I have to figure out how to join them. Heres the website to but a good loom from. http://www.mileskimball.com/products/67326

8. gloria Says:
    januari 29th, 2008 at 1:05

Oops! There was a mistake on the last blog. If you go to this website: http://www.mileskimball.com On the left hand side on the shop by category list, click on Hobbies & Leisure, then when the list comes up from there, click on Arts/Crafts. You will find a 1000 Flowers loom. This comes with an instruction manual. Sorry. I have been trying to find this manual on ebay for so long. Good luck!

9. Inger C Says:
    januari 29th, 2008 at 9:31

Gloria: Thank you for your good tips! I have got the pattern for the afghan on the image, just shout so can I translate it to English and e-mail it over to you. It’s crochet around the edge and after that joined together.

10. gloria Says:
    januari 29th, 2008 at 23:46

Inger C, Yes I would love the afghan pattern. My email is daterecd @aol.com Thanks and happy crafting!

11. Knittingand Says:
    februari 17th, 2008 at 11:23

I adore loomed flowers so much that I made tutorials for every technique I could work out (I mostly only had pictures and basic instructions to work from)