Crocheted moon landscape bag

Maybe you remember this post from November about my playing with 3D crochet. I did 24 squares and they have been lying here in a basket. Now I put them together and made a bag out of them, because I found these handles at a flea market. Put a Japanese cotton fabric in as lining.

Moon700_1
Crocheted moon landscape

Moon700_2
Finished bag. Approx 30 x 25 cm (12″ x 10″).
It’s based on a standard (a bit ”tweaked” & changed) granny square.
Japanese printed cotton fabric lining.

Not my colors though…. I need something extra colorful for spring. This is more suitable for the fall/winter collection.

Got some questions how I made this.
So this i my attempt to explain in English – bear with me:)
First & second row is crocheted with what we call velvet yarn. Third row some kind of Angora mega hairy yarn and the last row ordinary wool yarn.
To achieve the bulky effect and keep the work square I did as follows:
With velvet yarn I crocheted 5 double crochet in a group and took the hook out of the last chain. Then put the hook trough the top-chain of the groups first double crochet and put the last chain on the hook again. Pulled the yarn through it all to bind the top of all 5 of the double crochet’s tight together.
Hope it made some sense :)
Kind regards Inger Carina

7 Responses to “Crocheted moon landscape bag”

1. Anonymous Says:
    maj 6th, 2008 at 14:00

Your bag is gorgeous! I’m glad you posted it on Granny-Along, ‘cos now that I’ve found your blog I’m goinig to subscribe to it. Your inventiveness with crochet is inspiring!!

2. Anna Says:
    maj 6th, 2008 at 21:36

Very nice! Now you can look forward to the fall and the use of a great bag.

3. Mary Says:
    maj 7th, 2008 at 0:54

What yarn did you use?

4. Inger C Says:
    maj 7th, 2008 at 7:55

Thanks! I’m delighted that you like it!

Mary; first & second row is crocheted with what we call velvet yarn. Third row some kind of Angora mega hairy yarn and the last row ordinary wool yarn.
    To achieve the bulky effect and keep the work square I did like this:
    Crocheted 5 double crochet in a group and took the hook out of the last chain. Then put the hook trough the top-chain of the groups first double crochet and put the last chain on the hook again. Pulled the yarn through it all to bind the top of all 5 of the double crochet’s together.
    Hope it made sense :-)
    Kind regards
    Inger Carina

5. Rima Says:
    maj 8th, 2008 at 14:14

As I said on Granny Along, this is a beautiful bag! You have a great blog too!
    Hope you see often in blogland. I have bookmarked you, so that we can keep in touch.

6. macati Says:
    maj 9th, 2008 at 14:17

so beautiful!!!!

7. futuregirl Says:
    maj 14th, 2008 at 2:08

Beautiful!!! I love this little bag. You did a great job. :)